During last night’s episode of AEW Dynamite, Christian cut a scathing promo on Matt Hardy, in which he accused him of turning a blind eye to his brother Jeff’s well-publicised issues with alcohol.
“Everybody knows that you’re a clout chaser Matt Hardy, that’s what you are. You can’t stand when your name isn’t in the headlines for more than two seconds.
“You’ll use anybody around you! You’ll use your kids, you’ll use your wife, your father in law, your dog Sparky, your aunt Ginny, a dilapidated boat, a lawnmower.
“You’ll even turn a blind eye to your brother his issues just so you can ride his coattails for one last run.”
Interestingly, hours before AEW Dynamite went on air, Matt Hardy responded to a fan who suggested Matt had been pushing Jeff too far. It must be noted that Matt’s tweet was posted before Dynamite, and is not a response to Christian’s words from last night.
Words posted on Twitter cannot hurt me. I’ve never suggested my bro do anything that hurts him. As a matter of fact, I proposed the Brother Nero concept so Jeff WOULD NOT do his high impact moves. I don’t care if Jeff ever wrestles again, I just want him healthy for his family.
This isn’t the first time Jeff’s issues outside the ring have been used in a wrestling storyline, with WWE using his issues with alcohol in his feud with Sheamus.
You would have to assume Jeff has signed off on everything being said, but it’s not surprising to see that some fans are uncomfortable with AEW using real-life issues in a wrestling storyline.
Jeff Hardy is currently suspended by AEW without pay after his most recent DUI arrest.
- WWE Star Eyes Up Top Free Agent Match
- WWE Star Injured Indefinitely, Pulled From Big Match
- New WWE Faction Member Revealed
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement
- WWE Botches Big Match Announcement?
- WWE Star Debuts With New Ring Name
- Insane Cody Rhodes WWE Record Revealed
- Interesting Cody Rhodes WWE Raw Detail Revealed
- WWE Star Replaced By CM Punk
- Potential Big Change To WWE Event Schedule Revealed