Matt Hardy has been opening up more about his brother Jeff’s difficulties as of late with his recent arrest and injuries.
Before Jeff Hardy’s latest DUI arrest, the AEW star had been dealing with an injury that occurred during The Hardys’ Double Or Nothing showdown against The Young Bucks.
Speaking on Drinks With Johnny, Matt Hardy discussed why he and his brother were not involved in the Casino Battle Royale on the June 8 edition of AEW Dynamite in an interview recorded prior to Jeff’s arrest.
“In the Casino Battle Royal, Jeff … was taking a couple of weeks off, just to be cleared from the doctor which is why he didn’t compete in that, and then obviously, I chose not to as well. It was an interesting concept though, especially the very shocking announcement that CM Punk had to leave and have surgery.”
The Hardys were removed from their originally scheduled three-way ladder match for the AEW World Tag Team Titles on the June 15 episode of AEW Dynamite: Road Rager after Jeff Hardy was arrested for multiple charges in Florida on June 13.
After the match was changed, The Young Bucks went on to defeat Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus to become two-time AEW World Tag Team Champions. Matt addressed the match on social media following the bout.
For the full results from last week’s AEW Dynamite, click here.
Quotes via Wrestling Inc.
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Kris Statlander Reveals She Requires Surgery For ‘Completely Torn ACL’
- Results For NXT Level Up August 12, 2022
- Report: Bray Wyatt ‘Likely Back’ In WWE Soon
- FTW & Tag Team Championships Will Be Defended On AEW Rampage August 19
- Finn Balor Says He Will Be In Cardiff For Clash At The Castle
- Kerry Morton Says Ric Flair Told Him He Was ‘His Number One Draft Pick’ In Professional Wrestling