Earlier this week, former Tag Team Champion Matt Hardy revealed that he is now a free agent after his WWE contract expired. This is despite the company reportedly offering Hardy a role in NXT if he decided to re-sign.
This has seemingly been confirmed by Matt who said in an interview that he has held talks with WWE, NXT, NWA and AEW. However, it is widely expected that Hardy will join his good friend The Young Bucks in AEW very soon.
While speaking to PWInsider, Matt has now interestingly revealed that WWE had plans for him to lead a Broken faction in NXT if he decided to re-sign with the company.
Matt noted that Triple H had a “vision for him” but things didn’t work about between the two parties. Matt said that more than anything, he really wanted to stay with WWE.
There is no word on who Matt would have recruited to join his new Broken faction in NXT if he did decide to stay with WWE. Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for the latest on that.
The Broken gimmick would have worked very well in NXT and would have been sure to give the black and gold brand a boost in the ratings. However, I very much expect Hardy to debut for AEW as the leader of The Dark Order later this month.
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win