Matt Hardy has provided an update on Jeff Hardy’s AEW return.
Jeff Hardy has been absent from AEW programming since June 2022, when he was arrested for a DUI and subsequently suspended from the company until he completed substance abuse treatment.
With the court case regarding his DUI recently closed, many have asked when or if fans might see Hardy make his return to All Elite Wrestling.
Speaking on a video with Isiah Kassidy, Matt Hardy was asked to provide an update on Jeff’s condition. He answered:
“Jeff just had some eye surgery. His eyes were just a little off-set, it’s just probably from wear and tear and beating his body up. They had to work on some ligaments and tendons in one of his eyes.
“So they corrected that [with] surgery and they said probably in five, six weeks, he should be okay.”
“So I’m hoping after that, now that he’s kind of putting this whole situation behind him, that we’ll see him back around soon. I’m hoping so, man.”
“You guys keep your fingers crossed. Maybe six, eight weeks from now, hopefully we can see some Jeff Hardy on AEW.”
Matt Hardy recently turned on The Firm’s Ethan Page to cost him a match against HOOK for the FTW Championship on the April 5 edition of AEW Dynamite.
As previously reported, Hardy recently addressed the controversial WrestleMania 39 loss for Cody Rhodes and why he believes it’s possible his association with AEW had something to do with it.
Transcription via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023