As more entrants for the 2022 Royal Rumble are announced, Matt Hardy has commented on the WWE’s new interest in opening the ‘forbidden door.’
According to a recent interview with Matt Hardy on Wrestling Perspectives Podcast, AEW deserves some credit for pushing WWE to broaden its horizons, saying:
“I feel like Vince was pushed to do this because now he has to continue to keep up with AEW and how they are unpredictable and how you never know who is going to show up. I feel if there’s no AEW, if there’s no forbidden door, Vince doesn’t do that and doesn’t bring outside talent into the Royal Rumble. It’s great for the business in general because it has pushed Vince to change. I feel most people would agree with me on this. Vince and WWE became stagnant over all those years where there was no competition and he wasn’t pushed.”
For a full list of confirmed entrants for the 2022 Royal Rumble, click here.
Transcription via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors