Jeff Hardy was released from WWE last Thursday (December 9) following a ‘rough night’ at a WWE live event on December 5.
Jeff’s brother Matt has spoken about Jeff’s situation numerous times, claiming that he believes that Jeff is okay, and advised fans ‘know all the facts’ before jumping to conclusions.
Matt spoke about Jeff’s situation on a Twitch stream last night (December 13), where he provided an update on Jeff, saying that he believes that Jeff is ‘in the best place’ he has seen him in a long time.
“What I am saying is Jeff is in the best place I’ve seen him in a very long time. As far as the details of what went down on that evening and in that match, I’ve talked with Jeff, I feel good about everything he said and that’s Jeff’s story to share. And he told me he will, when he’s ready to.”
Matt continued on, revealing that Jeff was drug tested by WWE after the event, and that he believes WWE ‘jumped the gun’ by releasing his brother.
“But before anyone rushes to judgment, obviously they drug tested him after all this stuff, wait until you hear the results of that and when that comes back clean then hopefully people will feel better about it, because I feel very good about Jeff, I feel confident about Jeff. And WWE, I understand their stance too. They felt like they were backed into a corner because of his history. Even though they may have jumped the gun with this a little bit, they made a decision and it is what it is. Jeff did say he wasn’t going to go to rehabilitation because he didn’t feel he needed to. And I don’t think he did either. That’s the honest to God truth.”
Jeff made his first appearance on video since his release during Matt’s stream, where he advertised his upcoming musical dates.
transcription via Comicbook.com
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw