Matt Riddle has discussed a recent interaction he had with Goldberg backstage at Raw, following their disagreements a couple of years back.
In 2019, Riddle made a number of comments about Goldberg’s wrestling ability on Twitter, leading to the WWE Hall of Famer confronting Riddle backstage at SummerSlam.
Speaking with Sony Sports India, Riddle revealed that he is on much better terms with Goldberg. Recalling their interactions in Gorilla at a recent episode of Raw, Riddle said:
“Bill Goldberg is extremely entertaining, I can’t take anything away from that but I’ll tell you this, I saw Bill the other day before he challenged Bobby Lashley and he was walking to the Gorilla Position and I was standing there and I was with Damian Priest at the time and he says hi to everybody and then Goldberg comes up to me gives me a look.
“He was making a face and then he goes, ‘Hey, congratulations kid….’ and I was like, ‘Oh man, Goldberg is kind of nice’, so I gave him a little handshake and he went out and challenged Bobby and then he was coming out, through Gorilla again and I was like, ‘Hey Goldberg, good stuff’ and as he gave me a fist bump he says, ‘I only need two moves’ so I was like, ‘Oh man, the guy’s still got it’.”
Goldberg will face Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam on August 21.
Matt Riddle reunited with Randy Orton on the August 9 edition of Raw, before Orton hit Riddle with an RKO. Prior to yesterday’s show, Orton hadn’t appeared on Raw since June.
Quote via Sportskeeda Wrestling.
- WWE Star Bayley’s Hilarious Reaction To ‘Bayley Is Hot’ Fan Sign
- WWE Star Unmasks & Swaps With Fan
- AEW Star Sends Heartfelt Message To WWE’s Nikki Cross
- CM Punk’s First Ever WWE Opponent Recalls Going Off Script In Match
- AEW Star Set For First Singles Match In Over Five Months
- Dominik Mysterio Shares Rare Heartwarming Moment With Fan At WWE Event
- New Feud For AEW Championship Revealed
- AEW Star Wears Protective Apparatus For First Match After Facial Injury
- AEW Star Dealing With Double Vision Issues
- Backstage Update On Randy Orton’s WWE Contract