Matt Riddle is a name that keeps coming up when talking about backstage heat. He seems to rub those the wrong way in WWE and now he has been compared to another top star.
Dave Meltzer has reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Riddle has been compared to a young Randy Orton. Orton was one of the most unpopular stars in the promotion when he debuted in the early 2000s. Here is the quote from the Observer:
“One person compared him with Randy Orton when he first became a big star, and they don’t want someone like that now for harmony’s sake, or other talent that would say things that would get talent upset.”
It has been reported that Riddle has heat with Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, and Vince McMahon. Orton himself tweeted at Riddle to “f*ck off” earlier this week.
Triple H, on the other hand, seems unbothered by Riddle’s attitude. McMahon was reportedly upset because of Riddle’s lack of understanding of politics in wrestling.
What do you think of the situation involving Matt Riddle? Let us know on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- VIDEO: Shawn Michaels Congratulates NXT Star After Big Battle Royal Win
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other