Matt Riddle has discussed his position within WWE, believing that individuals backstage dislike him more now he’s teaming with Randy Orton.
Riddle is known for being outspoken outside of the ring. The Raw star has had heat with a number of WWE veterans in recent years, most notably Goldberg in 2019.
Speaking with Alex McCarthy of TalkSPORT, Riddle argued that his team with Orton has made a portion WWE locker-room resent him more. Explaining that he’s polarising on purpose, Riddle said:
“No, I think people hate me even more now that I’m with Randy, ‘This son of a b**ch thinks he’s untouchable now.’ I try to tell Vince (McMahon) and other people, it’s part of my persona. It’s part of what makes me popular.
“I’m legit, I’ve fought in the UFC. Anyone can test me anytime. Everybody here knows I can throw down and I’m going to talk s**t. It’s one of those things where I can’t change that. I talk trash.
“For me, isn’t that my job? Make people care about what we’re doing and talk trash so people say, ‘Oh man, I’d watch that fight!’ Or is it real?”
RK-Bro currently hold the Raw Tag Team Championship, most recently defending the gold on TV against Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode on the October 25 edition of Raw.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’