Wrestling figure fans worldwide have been excitedly awaiting news coming out of San Diego Comic Con, expecting information and first looks at many new figure lines.
They were not disappointed. Dozens of new figures were previewed at the event, with everything from current WWE and NXT stars to legendary announcer Gorilla Monsoon on display.
Notable by its absence was Mattel’s Retro line, an incredibly popular range of figures with hardcore collectors due to its similarities to the classic Hasbro figures of old.
Word coming out of the event (although not yet confirmed by Mattel) is that the lack of information about the Retro line is because Mattel has decided to discontinue it, which has led to fan outrage on Twitter.
Seemingly taking the place of the Retro figures is a new mash-up series that combines WWE characters past and present with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
Mattel revealed several action figures from the new range at Comic Con, all of which are styled to look like and compatible with He-Man / Universe Origins figures.
In the first line-up is Ultimate Warrior, Triple H, Sting, Finn Balor, John Cena and Triple H. A special ring has also been confirmed as part of the set.
WWE.com has released a gallery of the new figures across all lines that were revealed as SDCC. You can see a selection from the Masters of the Universe crossover series below:
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Planned WrestleMania 39 Night 1 Main Event Revealed, More Match Order News
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes