Mauro Ranallo is reportedly “doing better” now a week removed from the Corey Graves tweet that led to him missing WWE Survivor Series and this past week’s NXT.
Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that while Ranallo’s situation has improved, he isn’t sure if he’ll be back for this coming Wednesday’s episode of NXT, but WWE has been keeping in touch with the announcer.
Former SmackDown lead announcer Tom Phillips filled in for Ranallo on Wednesday alongside Nigel McGuinness and Beth Phoenix.
The original tweet from Corey read:
Just for the record guys, I know you wouldn’t know it, but there’s actually a WWE Hall of Famer AND a former Ring of Honor Champion on commentary. I’d imagine they have a lot to offer.
It’s been reported since then that the tweet was intended to play off the brand warfare element of Survivor Series, and there was no malicious intent behind it.
Graves did issue an apology on his podcast this past week, saying:
“This past Saturday, during the Takeover: WarGames event, I sent out a tweet. It was an unpopular opinion, as I often do with the intention of just stirring up a little controversy, maybe have something fun to talk about on TV or here on the show. It was maybe not the most professional way to go about things, and it was never meant to offend or disrespect or disparage anybody. That was never my intention. If it was taken as such, I apologize deeply. That was not my intention. I would never intentionally cause anybody undue stress, especially a co-worker. So, I apologize.”
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?