The Acclaimed have very quickly become one of the most popular tag teams in all of AEW, with the fans waiting with baited breath everytime Max Caster picks up a microphone.
Caster has made numerous references in raps, firing shots at things like Vince McMahon’s retirement, WWE’s budget cuts and other big news stories of the past few years.
Caster recently spoke to All Hip-Hop, where he revealed some advice he received from both Tony Khan and Cody Rhodes in the early days of the Acclaimed.
“From the start, Tony was like, ‘Oh, you’re a rapper? Keep rapping.’ I go, ‘Okay, great, and then we did the first, and I got a little bit of feedback from Cody Rhodes, and he said, ‘Be edgy,’ and I said, ‘Okay, great. I’ll do that.”
Caster continued on, speaking about he and Bowens are just themselves when they go out there, and how he believes that has benefitted their career.
“That’s really been my whole direction for my whole entire career. Just rap and be edgy. That’s what we’ve done and I think it’s paid off because the Acclaimed is honestly the most popular tag team in AEW. The most popular homegrown team for sure.”
Caster and Bowens were victorious in their dumpster match against the Ass Bo- sorrry, the Gunn Club, on this week’s AEW Dynamite show, which led to Anthony Bowens wanting to ‘scissor’ John Cena.
transcription via Fightful
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Malakai Black & Buddy Matthews Departures Revealed
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Latest White Rabbit Code Links To Mysterious Tik Tok Video
- Major Hint That ‘White Rabbit’ Could Be Malakai Black?
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Trish Stratus Teases ‘Secret’ WWE Project
- Update On Swerve Strickland & Keith Lee Being Contacted By WWE
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?