A huge update has emerged on the contract status of Mercedes Mone, following speculation about her future.
The former WWE star has been wrestling for NJPW and STARDOM since turning up at Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January.
Following previous reports that Mone’s match against Mayu Iwatani on Sunday was the last match on her deal with the promotions, many fans had shared predictions for Mone’s next move.
Per Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Mercedes Mone and Bushiroad have agreed to an extension on her current contract with NJPW and STARDOM.
While it’s unclear how long the extension is for, Meltzer noted that the belief is that Mone’s next match under her deal will be at an event in the US.
Mone recently stated that she chose to wrestle in Japan after her WWE run as she wants to establish herself in that scene, and make history.
In the same interview, Mone stated that previous rumors that her NJPW/STARDOM deal was up was ‘far from the truth‘.
Mone is no longer the IWGP Women’s Champion, dropping the gold to Mayu Iwatani at STARDOM All Star Queendom.
Mone has now shared her reaction to this title loss, which you can read more about right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss