Mercedes Mone’s Japanese conquest has proven quite the success thus far.
Following her debut at WrestleKingdom 17 in January, Mone would go on to defeat KAIRI for the IWGP Women’s Championship and then most recently today (April 8) defend her title against AZM and Hazuki at NJPW Sakura Genesis.
While another defence of her title is set for April 23 against Mayu Iwatani at STARDOM’s All Star Grand Queendom event from Yokohama Arena, Mone may have her sights set on another massive stage.
Speaking to Tokyo Sports, Mone would speak of her desire to main event the Tokyo Dome, and to also have a very special family member at ringside, none other than her cousin Snoop Dogg.
“If the day comes when I stand in the main event of Tokyo Dome, I promise that he will come to the venue. I will definitely call him. He will sing at the entrance. If so, I can fulfill my dream and it’s great,”
Snoop has accompanied Mone on the big stage before, famously performing her entrance at WrestleMania 32 in Dallas before her three-way with Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch.
While Mone may want Snoop over in Japan, he has most recently been making waves back in WWE, specifically for his impromptu WrestleMania 39 match against The Miz.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?