IMPACT Wrestling’s newest recruit Trinity Fatu recently returned to the wrestling spotlight following nearly a year out of the ring after her WWE exit alongside Mercedes Mone.
While Trinity found her new home with IMPACT after Mone found hers with NJPW/STARDOM, the duo’s paths since they split from the company were always shared with each other.
According to Trinity in a recent interview with Forbes, their friendship would reach new levels due to their joint walkout of WWE.
“We’ve always been close and had a great working relationship, but definitely have drawn closer over the years.
“Definitely even closer with this experience because really we just had each other through this whole ordeal.
“I truly, deeply, deeply love her with all of my heart.”
Noting that she admires Mone’s strength, Trinity said:
“She’s this little tiny woman, still very young, still has so much to prove and in her career. But I just, I admire her strength.
“And just to be so young and to know who you are, and what you want and where you wanna go and where you wanna be and to not apologize for that.
“I really love that about her. And I’m gonna always be here for her. Always. And vice versa.”
Alongside the professional struggles Trinity would detail her health struggles she also battled at the same time, undergoing shoulder surgery for a torn labrum during her absence from the ring.
Despite the struggles the experience would make her stronger, and now she is set for a potential title chase in her new home of IMPACT following a confrontation with Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo on this week’s show (May 4).
Trinity would also even reveal her willingness to step into the ring with Mone at some point in the future.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023