Former WWE star Mia Yim has explained why she didn’t choose to sign with AEW to be with her husband, Keith Lee.
Yim and Lee were both released from their WWE contracts in November. Lee went on to debut for AEW on the February 9 edition of Dynamite, days after getting married to Yim.
The HBIC returned to the ring over a month later at the March 31 WrestleCon show, before making a surprise appearance for IMPACT at surprise appearance at Under Siege and signing with the company.
Speaking with Metro.co.uk, Yim stated that Lee has been very supportive of her during her IMPACT return, noting:
‘Ever since we started dating, it was like, “I never wanted to take his moves”, we never wanted to be a tag team, we wanted to be our own separate brands.
‘Sometimes we’ll do mixed tags or whatever and do things together, but we didn’t wanna be known just for that. We established very early on that we were own brand, we didn’t have to always stay together.
‘I always get asked, “Why didn’t you go with Keith?” It’s like, because I’m my own person and I wanna do what I wanna do, you know? [laughs] So, as long as we support each other with whatever it is, we don’t always have to be together!’
‘Nothing bad to say about AEW but I’m just like, “Babe, that is your realm, go and kill it over there. That is your home”. He was super supportive of me going back to IMPACT,’ she said.
‘I feel that the internet, they want drama, they want the tea and they want to see people be messy! Everybody, especially in wrestling – it’s like high school, so there’s always gonna be drama. But I’m 33 now, I’m too old for that.’
Yim recently explained how her IMPACT return came to be, which you can read about right here.
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match