Mia Yim has opened up about her passion for wrestling, noting that she almost stepped away from the ring for good after her previous WWE departure.
Yim was let go by WWE in November 2021, along with a number of other stars including her now-husband Keith Lee.
While Lee joined AEW in February, Yim didn’t return to the ring until late-March. After that indie appearance, Yim signed with IMPACT in May, and remained there until her contract expired in early October.
The popular star returned to WWE on the November 7 edition of Raw.
Speaking on SHAK Wrestling, Yim confirmed that she considered retirement during her wrestling absence.
Noting that her passion for wrestling has now returned, Yim said:
“I had to really evaluate if I wanted to continue to wrestle because I wasn’t sure if I did.
“So thankfully, I was able to reignite my love for wrestling… because at that moment it was very much like, not only was I not sure if I wanted to do it, but I felt like maybe my time is up.
“Like, I’m not as good as I was 5-10 years ago, so maybe it’s just time to hang it up. So I needed to find myself in wrestling and see if I can still go with all these new talent.”
Yim recently explained the origins of the ‘Michin’ nickname she used on the November 21 edition of Raw.
As of writing, the star is still officially ‘Mia Yim’ on WWE.com.
Transcription via Sportskeeda.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Huge News On Stone Cold Steve Austin Plans For WrestleMania 39
- WWE SmackDown Stars Move To Raw
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- SPOILER: WWE Star Set For Return On Tonight’s January 30 Raw
- Brock Lesnar WWE Elimination Chamber 2023 Status Update
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Post-Royal Rumble Update On The Rock Appearing At WrestleMania 39
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Backstage Reaction To Royal Rumble Ending Featuring Bloodline & Sami Zayn
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble