Mickie James and Chelsea Green appeared to pay homage to James’ WrestleMania 22 feud during their bout on Thursday’s (July 14) edition of IMPACT Wrestling.
At the beginning of the match, Chelsea Green attempted to psych James out with a smooch. James replied with a longer kiss of her own.
You can watch a clip of the segment below, which Chelsea Green has claimed Mickie James ‘loved’:
She ?? loved ?? it. https://t.co/1yGd7zAqKf
— CHELSEA GREEN (@ImChelseaGreen) July 15, 2022
The spot reminded many of Mickie James’ 2005 storyline with Trish Stratus ahead of WrestleMania 22, which featured several kisses. James, who originally Stratus’ biggest fan, became more and more obsessed with Stratus in the lead-up to the Show of Shows, before James eventually pinned Stratus for the Women’s Championship during the major event.
After a hard fought match, Green pinned James, using the ropes for leverage. James teased her IMPACT departure and possibly her retirement in a post-match segment, stating that she was going home.
You can watch that segment below:
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) July 15, 2022
James notably returned to WWE earlier this year, competing in the Royal Rumble match, as IMPACT Knockouts Champion.
Following her return, WWE star Kofi Kingston has expressed interest in opening the ‘forbidden door’ and wrestling non-WWE stars.
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- WWE Announces New Commentary Teams For Raw, SmackDown & NXT
- WWE Raw Name Gone From WWE
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Tony Khan Spoke To WWE Management After Infamous Promo
- Former WWE Tough Enough Winner Sara Lee Passes Away
- Spoiler On Return Set For WWE SmackDown
- Spoiler On Suspended AEW Star’s Return
- Tony Khan Addresses WWE Signing AEW Dark Talent