A new report from the Wall Street Journal has indicated that Vince McMahon has paid over $12 million in “hush money” over the past 16 years to “suppress allegations of sexual misconduct and infidelity”, including a $7.5 million payment to a former WWE wrestler. Click here to see the full report.
Former WWE star Mickie James took to Twitter to react to the new allegations against McMahon, simply posting a gif of herself alongside the caption:
No wonder I never got that raise…
Mickie’s reaction has been met with a lot of backlash, from people who think she’s ‘making light’ of the situation, while others think it’s hypocritical of her to comment on, given she returned for this year’s Royal Rumble.
You literally went back there a few months ago have some shame
— Joe (@CursorzEU) July 8, 2022
Multiple colleagues of yours were allegedly abused. One SAed and covered up who's no longer here with us. Probably not the best time for a bad Twitter joke. https://t.co/qi3nvtLTge
— The Sports Courier – TSC News (@SportsCourier) July 8, 2022
read the fucking room … read it i beg of you https://t.co/DzQBZpv7To
— kitty ? (@ryujmega) July 8, 2022
You were just twerking for this guy at the rumble don’t come crawling back https://t.co/3CAVpKissB
— EliWoj (@MaximusEmiway) July 8, 2022
WWE has sent out a message to their employees following the news of the new allegations.
All further updates and follow-ups on this story can be found at this link.
- Report: Another AEW Star Wants To Return To WWE
- WWE Bans Iconic Move For Being ‘Too Dangerous’
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- AEW’s Surprising Message To Star Rumored To Be Leaving
- Brody King Breaks Silence On Future Following Recent Developments
- Real Reason Several AEW Stars Want To Join WWE?
- KSI Reacts To WWE Star’s Comments About Potential Match
- New Details On WWE Releases & Top Star’s Contract
- Angelo Dawkins Reveals The Street Profits’ Main Goal Following Split Rumors
- Roman Reigns’ Next WWE Opponent Revealed?