Mickie James does not think WWE worked very hard to promote their Evolution pay-per-view.
James recently spoke with Wrestling Inc. about the show, saying it was almost set up to fail because of the lack of promotion. She said:
“It was only really promoted for a month. The matches weren’t even announced but a week or two before. There was zero promotion or marketing.
“It was almost set up to fail. If there was as much energy and focus put into it as perhaps some of the other events, and made and highlighted how monumental this actually is, perhaps that wouldn’t be true.”
There has been a lot of demand for a second Evolution pay-per-view since the first aired in 2018. Since then, there has been very little movement towards another all-women’s show in WWE.
Meanwhile, Mickie James will be part of the production of NWA’s all-women’s event, Empower, on August 28.
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- D-Von Dudley Recalls The Usos Asking For Permission To Use The 3D
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- Former ROH Owner Cary Silkin Shares Honest Thoughts On Chris Jericho Title Win
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’