Mickie James does not think WWE worked very hard to promote their Evolution pay-per-view.
James recently spoke with Wrestling Inc. about the show, saying it was almost set up to fail because of the lack of promotion. She said:
“It was only really promoted for a month. The matches weren’t even announced but a week or two before. There was zero promotion or marketing.
“It was almost set up to fail. If there was as much energy and focus put into it as perhaps some of the other events, and made and highlighted how monumental this actually is, perhaps that wouldn’t be true.”
There has been a lot of demand for a second Evolution pay-per-view since the first aired in 2018. Since then, there has been very little movement towards another all-women’s show in WWE.
Meanwhile, Mickie James will be part of the production of NWA’s all-women’s event, Empower, on August 28.
- WWE Star Bayley’s Hilarious Reaction To ‘Bayley Is Hot’ Fan Sign
- WWE Star Unmasks & Swaps With Fan
- AEW Star Sends Heartfelt Message To WWE’s Nikki Cross
- CM Punk’s First Ever WWE Opponent Recalls Going Off Script In Match
- AEW Star Set For First Singles Match In Over Five Months
- Dominik Mysterio Shares Rare Heartwarming Moment With Fan At WWE Event
- New Feud For AEW Championship Revealed
- AEW Star Wears Protective Apparatus For First Match After Facial Injury
- Backstage Update On Randy Orton’s WWE Contract
- Long-Absent AEW Star Teases Match With Former Partner