An update has emerged on former WWE star and current IMPACT Knockouts Champion Mickie James, following her recent injury.
Ahead of the March 24 IMPACT Sacrifice event, Mickie James was pulled from the show, with her scheduled rematch against Jordynne Grace cancelled due to injury.
Plans for the future of the Knockouts Championship were explained at the pay-per-view, with James set to defend the gold against Grace and the winner of the multi-woman match at Multiverse United at Rebellion on April 16.
If James is unable to get cleared ahead of Rebellion, she will be forced to vacate her title.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), James is dealing with an injury to her ribs. She was reportedly injured at the previous set of IMPACT tapings.
It was noted that IMPACT is hopeful that she will be able to compete at Rebellion, hence the announcement of the three-way bout.
Josh Alexander is also dealing with an injury, and was forced to relinquish the IMPACT World Championship and undergo surgery to fix a torn tricep.
A new champion will be crowned at Rebellion, with KUSHIDA and Steve Maclin set to face off for the vacant gold.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- Former WWE Star Tells Current Star To ‘Text Triple H’ Following Independent Show
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?