A former WWE has spoken about the different levels of authority that two WWE Hall of Famers had backstage and how they differed.
Speaking on the Monte and the Pharoah podcast, Dennis Knight, formerly known as Mideon (or, for those with long memories, Phineas I. Godwinn) discussed the “different type of power” that The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels had, saying:
“[Taker was] always going to do what Vince [McMahon] wants.
“Gonna make anything work.
“Shawn was like the rottweiler and the chihuahua, just running around.
“Calm the chihuahua down, give him whatever he wants.
“Just keep him cool, you know?
“That was kind of the thing, Shawn was the champion.
“It was a different kind of power, but I would say equal.”
The Undertaker would be seen as a locker-room leader in WWE.
He would retire from his storied wrestling career after thirty years as The Deadman.
Shawn Michaels was part of The Kliq, an influential collective behind the scenes.
Michaels would suffer a back injury in a Casket Match at the 1998 Royal Rumble.
He would retire from wrestling but make a triumphant return in 2002.
Both men would cross paths again at WrestleMania 25 and WrestleMania 26 in a Streak vs Career match that would retire Shawn Michaels.
They would both feature in the D-Generation X vs Brothers of Destruction match at WWE Crown Jewel in 2018.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Backstage Details On Who Knew About Shawn Spears WWE Return
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- TKO Issues New Statement On Vince McMahon WWE Status & Allegations
- Major Change To AEW Revolution Match Update
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?