It was reported back in January 2019 that Mike and Maria Kanellis had requested their WWE releases and were looking to leave the company.
However, six months later in June, it was reported that both Mike and Maria had agreed to new five-year deals.
However, Mike has taken to Twitter today to confirm that he actually asked for his release from the company earlier today.
Mike said that he “came to WWE to work” and that “working one day a week is just not going to cut it”.
Mike was likely also rather unhappy at being treated rather poorly on TV in recent weeks. Since re-signing his WWE deal, Kanellis has been embarrassed on a weekly basis.
There is no word on if WWE plans on allowing Kanellis to leave the company. It is also unclear whether Mike’s wife Maria has also requested to leave WWE. Make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for more information.
Mike is an extremely talented worker, so it should come as no surprise that he believes he can be working far more than he currently is as a jobber in WWE.
Everyone at WrestleTalk would like to wish Mike Kanellis the best for the future if he is allowed to leave WWE.
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- Bad Bunny Gets Involved In Match At WrestleMania 39
- Match Order For WrestleMania 39 Night One Revealed