It has emerged that Raw ring announcer Mike Rome will be at SmackDown tonight after Greg Hamilton was released earlier this week.
Rome and Hamilton had been the regular ring announcers for Raw and SmackDown respectively for several years until Hamilton’s departure.
It is still unclear whether this is a one-off or if Rome will permanently be going to SmackDown, which begs the question as to whether he’ll be doing both shows or someone else will replace him on Raw.
Alicia Taylor is the NXT 2.0 ring announcer, so she would seem to be the obvious choice if a replacement is needed, since Samantha Irvin does the ring announcing for 205 Live so she could easily step into that role on NXT 2.0 too.
Hamilton’s release came just a couple of days after he had threatened legal action against rapper Westside Gunn after Gunn sampled Hamilton’s voice in his music, but Hamilton described the release as a “mutual respect departure from a great company”.
We’ll keep you updated if there are any more ring announcer-based updates, but for at least tonight, it’s Mike Rome. WrestleTalk.com will of course have full live coverage of the show.
— John Clark (@johnrclark12) October 29, 2021
- First Ever NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Participants Revealed
- New WWE Star Debuts At Taping
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Star Ruled Out Of Big Match Due To Recent Injury
- AEW Star ‘Didn’t Even Bother’ Wearing Ring Gear For Recent Match
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return On NXT
- Starrcast Working With Oceania Pro Wrestling For Huge Event In 2023
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase