It has emerged that Raw ring announcer Mike Rome will be at SmackDown tonight after Greg Hamilton was released earlier this week.
Rome and Hamilton had been the regular ring announcers for Raw and SmackDown respectively for several years until Hamilton’s departure.
It is still unclear whether this is a one-off or if Rome will permanently be going to SmackDown, which begs the question as to whether he’ll be doing both shows or someone else will replace him on Raw.
Alicia Taylor is the NXT 2.0 ring announcer, so she would seem to be the obvious choice if a replacement is needed, since Samantha Irvin does the ring announcing for 205 Live so she could easily step into that role on NXT 2.0 too.
Hamilton’s release came just a couple of days after he had threatened legal action against rapper Westside Gunn after Gunn sampled Hamilton’s voice in his music, but Hamilton described the release as a “mutual respect departure from a great company”.
We’ll keep you updated if there are any more ring announcer-based updates, but for at least tonight, it’s Mike Rome. WrestleTalk.com will of course have full live coverage of the show.
— John Clark (@johnrclark12) October 29, 2021
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- AEW Star Pulled From Collision Due To Illness, Replacement Announced
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- Former AEW Star Set To Return For February 24 Collision