More details have emerged on Miro’s creative direction in AEW, following the former TNT Champion replacing Jon Moxley in the AEW World Championship Eliminator tournament.
Jon Moxley was originally slated to face Orange Cassidy in the tournament semi-finals on the November 3 edition of Dynamite, however it has been announced that Moxley is entering an inpatient alcohol treatment program and will be taking time out of the ring as a result of that.
Instead, Miro faced Cassidy on the show, and forced Orange to submit to advance to the finals. As per Fightful Select (subscription required), The final decision to have Miro replace Moxley in the tournament was made Tuesday (November 2) afternoon.
The report noted that creative has changed often for Miro recently. As of writing, the nixed plans and pitches for Miro’s creative direction aren’t known.
Miro lost the TNT Championship to Sammy Guevara on the September 29 episode of Dynamite. This week’s semi-final bout was Miro’s first since dropping the title.
Miro will face Bryan Danielson in the AEW World Championship Eliminator tournament finals at Full Gear on November 13.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- Ricky Starks Says Cody Rhodes Is Still His Go-To Person For Advice
- Jack Evans ‘Super Disappointed’ About Match With Kenny Omega
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- WWE Hall Of Famer Pitches Idea For ‘Ironhorse Championship’