The Salt of the Earth is set to make his debut on the silver screen next year as part of a highly anticipated movie.
DEADLINE announced earlier today that MJF is set to join the cast of the upcoming ‘Iron Claw’ biopic.
The movie, starring Zac Efron and Kevin Von Erich, is based on the tragic true story of the Von Erich wrestling family.
The official announcement did not state what role MJF would be playing in the movie, but that has now been confirmed.
Per PWInsider, MJF will be playing the role of Lance Von Erich in the movie.
Lance become known in wrestling as the ‘non-Von Erich’, taking up the name despite not being related to the Von Erich family.
MJF joins a stacked cast for the movie which includes the aforementioned Zac Efron.
Jeremy Allen White, Harris Dickinson, Holt McCallany, Maura Tierney and Lily James are also set to feature in the movie.
MJF is set to challenge Jon Moxley for the AEW World Championship at AEW Full Gear next weekend.
MJF missed last week’s episode of AEW Dynamite following an attack from the Firm the week prior.
EXCLUSIVE: A24’s wrestling pic ‘The Iron Claw’ from Cannes and Sundance prize-winning filmmaker Sean Durkin is getting a new dash of authenticity, with the addition to the cast of professional wrestler Maxwell Jacob Friedman https://t.co/cLkEAXiu9B
— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) November 8, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company