MJF has become one of the top stars in All Elite Wrestling since it’s inception, and he remains one of the focal points on their television show.
His contract with the company comes due in 2024, as he has made very public, and there is now a real possibility that he departs the company then.
The two talked out the issues the following week, but Fightful Select has posted an update, noting that the sentiment hasn’t really lasted with MJF. Fightful has heard that MJF’s sentiments about potentially jumping to WWE when his contract is up are not in character, and it is a subject he’s already weighed. There has been at least some progress on his future in AEW, as Fightful was told there have been open ended mentions about him possibly gaining an extension. However, many don’t believe that MJF and Tony Khan are as close as they were prior to the reported discussion.
MJF is said to be leaning towards leaving AEW, as of now, when his deal is up. As with anything, plenty can change as he has two years remaining on his contract, and contract negotiations have been mentioned to him. However, it is not known if that’s a renegotiation of his current deal or an extension after the fact. Fightful haven’t been told he’s 100 percent on leaving the company.
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- WWE Star Teases Alliance With Bobby Lashley After SmackDown
- Will Ospreay Next AEW Feud Revealed?
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release