MJF has become one of the top stars in All Elite Wrestling since it’s inception, and he remains one of the focal points on their television show.
His contract with the company comes due in 2024, as he has made very public, and there is now a real possibility that he departs the company then.
The two talked out the issues the following week, but Fightful Select has posted an update, noting that the sentiment hasn’t really lasted with MJF. Fightful has heard that MJF’s sentiments about potentially jumping to WWE when his contract is up are not in character, and it is a subject he’s already weighed. There has been at least some progress on his future in AEW, as Fightful was told there have been open ended mentions about him possibly gaining an extension. However, many don’t believe that MJF and Tony Khan are as close as they were prior to the reported discussion.
MJF is said to be leaning towards leaving AEW, as of now, when his deal is up. As with anything, plenty can change as he has two years remaining on his contract, and contract negotiations have been mentioned to him. However, it is not known if that’s a renegotiation of his current deal or an extension after the fact. Fightful haven’t been told he’s 100 percent on leaving the company.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw