MJF has become one of the top stars in All Elite Wrestling since it’s inception, and he remains one of the focal points on their television show.
His contract with the company comes due in 2024, as he has made very public, and there is now a real possibility that he departs the company then.
The two talked out the issues the following week, but Fightful Select has posted an update, noting that the sentiment hasn’t really lasted with MJF. Fightful has heard that MJF’s sentiments about potentially jumping to WWE when his contract is up are not in character, and it is a subject he’s already weighed. There has been at least some progress on his future in AEW, as Fightful was told there have been open ended mentions about him possibly gaining an extension. However, many don’t believe that MJF and Tony Khan are as close as they were prior to the reported discussion.
MJF is said to be leaning towards leaving AEW, as of now, when his deal is up. As with anything, plenty can change as he has two years remaining on his contract, and contract negotiations have been mentioned to him. However, it is not known if that’s a renegotiation of his current deal or an extension after the fact. Fightful haven’t been told he’s 100 percent on leaving the company.
- WATCH Fight Break Out Between Fan And Wrestler Joe Black At Independent Show
- IMPACT Wrestling Taping SPOILERS & A Famous Faction Returns
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear