MJF referenced Cody Rhodes, Tony Khan, and his impending 2024 contract negotiations during a segment on tonight’s AEW Dynamite (May 11) from his hometown of Long Island, New York.
After mentioning that Wardlow should pay for what he put the “American Roller-codester, Cody Rhodes” through and the crowd responded with jeers, MJF said “What? You guys don’t want me to talk about 2024? That’s funny, there’s a guy in the back who doesn’t want me to either.”
MJF announced that in advance of their match at Double or Nothing, Shawn Spears will take on Wardlow in a steel cage with MJF serving as the special guest referee.
If Wardlow wins then MJF will let him out of his contract but if he loses at Double or Nothing, Wardlow will never be allowed to sign a contract with All Elite Wrestling, forever.
Notable for being the one arena on earth where the crowd goes unequivocally wild for MJF, Long Island was still behind MJF despite Wardlow nearly power bombing Friedman after authorizing Wardlow to be taken out of his handcuffs when he was having difficulty signing the contract.
This proved to have dastardly consequences for Smart Mark Sterling who ended up getting caught in the crossfire and taking a monster powerbomb from Wardlow through a table.
You can keep up with all the live coverage of the action on AEW Dynamite tonight by clicking here.
- Hiromu Takahashi Pulled From Forbidden Door
- Update On Cesaro’s Wrestling Future Amid Forbidden Door Speculation
- Ronda Rousey In Action During WWE SmackDown Dark Match
- The Rock Reacts To Pat McAfee Using His Catchphrase On SmackDown
- AEW Star Taz Shows Off Incredible Weight Loss Photo
- Bayley Teases Returning For Money In The Bank
- Watch Alexa Bliss Rap ‘Lose Yourself’ In Her Hometown
- Bret Hart Posts Emotional Message 20 Years After Stroke
- Damian Priest Believes We’ll See Bad Bunny In A WWE Ring Again
- Apollo Crews Teases First Feud Since NXT Return?