MJF referenced Cody Rhodes, Tony Khan, and his impending 2024 contract negotiations during a segment on tonight’s AEW Dynamite (May 11) from his hometown of Long Island, New York.
After mentioning that Wardlow should pay for what he put the “American Roller-codester, Cody Rhodes” through and the crowd responded with jeers, MJF said “What? You guys don’t want me to talk about 2024? That’s funny, there’s a guy in the back who doesn’t want me to either.”
MJF announced that in advance of their match at Double or Nothing, Shawn Spears will take on Wardlow in a steel cage with MJF serving as the special guest referee.
If Wardlow wins then MJF will let him out of his contract but if he loses at Double or Nothing, Wardlow will never be allowed to sign a contract with All Elite Wrestling, forever.
Notable for being the one arena on earth where the crowd goes unequivocally wild for MJF, Long Island was still behind MJF despite Wardlow nearly power bombing Friedman after authorizing Wardlow to be taken out of his handcuffs when he was having difficulty signing the contract.
This proved to have dastardly consequences for Smart Mark Sterling who ended up getting caught in the crossfire and taking a monster powerbomb from Wardlow through a table.
You can keep up with all the live coverage of the action on AEW Dynamite tonight by clicking here.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release