According to one wrestling promoter, MJF is no stranger to atypical contract negotiations as he reflected on his past dealings with Maxwell Jacob Friedman.
While speculation continues to swirl around MJF, his status with All Elite Wrestling and possible contract discussions with CEO and head of creative, Tony Khan, a story form MJF’s past is making the rounds.
In a new report from Fightful Select (paid subscription required), Major League Wrestling Founder Court Bauer reflected on having re-negotiated a contract with MJF and MLW while his existing contract was still in place.
When Fightful asked those in MLW about MJF’s previous contract, it was confirmed that as MJF’s deal progressed and he felt that he had outperformed his originally signed contract, MJF went directly to the founder.
Speaking to founder Court Bauer, MJF reportedly plead his case and was successful as Bauer told Fightful that based on the conversation, MLWgave MJF the raise he was requesting after believing that the points he raised were valid. According to the report, “the conversation was said to have been very professional and easy, and not a difficult decision to come to.”
MJF has remained absent from AEW television since his recent controversial promo segment, dubbed by some as the ‘MJF Pipebomb’ during which he directly referenced AEW boss Tony Khan, calling him a “f***ing mark” before his microphone was cut and the show threw to commercial.
The promo has never been addressed on-air, and no official statements have been made by AEW regarding MJF’s status however he has been removed from the AEW Rampage bumper, AEW roster, AEW merchandise store, unfollowed by AEW on Twitter and the clip of the promo nor official photos from it have ever been released.
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Another AEW Star Clears Twitter Amid Contract Expiry Speculation
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Fans Speculate AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired Following Cryptic Tweet
- Kevin Owens Misses WWE Raw Due To ‘Minor Situation’
- Luke Owen Reviews WWE Raw – June 27, 2022
- AEW Star Jake Atlas Domestic Violence Case Dropped
- Cody Rhodes Appears On June 27 WWE Raw
- John Cena Says He Doesn’t Know When His Next Match Is During Raw Return
- Latest On Sasha Banks & Naomi WWE Statuses