Richard Holliday has announced that he is in remission having undergone treatment for Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a form of cancer.
In 2022, Holliday revealed that he had been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma and, at the time of the Sports Illustrated interview, was half way through a course of chemotherapy.
Addressing his mindset at the time, Holliday said:
“My plan is not to lose to lymphoma; my plan is to inspire people. I’m going to come out of this stronger, and I’m going to let people know they can beat it, too.”
And, on May 1 2023, Holliday would do just that, announcing on Twitter:
“I’m in remission!”
Holliday’s treatment was completed in February 2023.
The announcement was met with a groundswell of positivity for the former MLW World Tag Team Champion and IWA Caribbean Heavyweight Champion.
Having been a part of the MLW roster for nearly five years, Holliday recently confirmed that he was no longer under contract with the company.
Holliday would note that he made his MLW debut in a dark match and would end his career there in the main event.
He recently appeared at Beyond Wrestling with the company confirming his return and remission.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London