A former WWE name has cast doubt on the apparent narrative that there’s a war going on between both WWE and AEW.
Tony Khan had previously weighed in on the conflict between WWE and AEW, saying:
“I only know what people have come to me and alleged. But, I do know it’s a real war between AEW and WWE…”
Now, Sam Adonis, the brother of WWE’s Corey Graves, has given his opinion on the narrative, speaking on the Wrestling Epicenter podcast, saying:
“I think right now there’s a fictional narrative that there’s a wrestling war happening. Which is not really the case at all. I think everybody has an agenda now, every newspaper, every website, everybody needs to get their sales.
“They’re painting these fictional battle lines, and trying to tell everybody that you’re not supposed to like this one if you like that one.
“Overall, being on a major national television is huge news.”
Adonis would go on to say that Major League Wrestling on Reelz was going to have a positive effect on the industry.
He would suggest that MLW would be in a strong position to attract high-level talent.
Adonis made his MLW debut in November 2022.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off