An upcoming MLW television taping has been cancelled and changed into a house show.
Major League Wrestling announced that they will make their El Paso, Texas debut titled “Fury Road” on August 27, which would have been a TV taping.
Per PWInsider, the event at Austin High School had been cancelled as a taping and will now move forward as a house show.
The report says that Jared St. Laurent sent an email to talents who won’t be brought in for the show due to the cancellation, so they could pick up other bookings.
St. Laurent informed the talent that they would receive half of the pay for the event “as a token of our appreciation as I know it’s been very frustrating having the schedule change this summer while we continue to finalize the new TV deal.”
The email also noted that the “lucha promoter” would not be providing as many MLW stars for the show as initially “promised.”
However, MLW Heavyweight Champion Alexander Hammerstone, Jacob Fatu and others will still be appearing on the August 27 event.
The company still has content filmed from the Battle Riot event in New York City for its new season, which is set to premiere in the fall.
Major League Wrestling has the scheduled Super Series event on September 18 in Atlanta, Georgia that they envision will be a live broadcast if the company secures a TV deal.
Former MLW star Mance Warner recently appeared on All Elite Wrestling and caused many questions on his status, which you can read about here.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Malakai Black & Buddy Matthews Departures Revealed
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Latest White Rabbit Code Links To Mysterious Tik Tok Video
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Major Hint That ‘White Rabbit’ Could Be Malakai Black?
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Trish Stratus Teases ‘Secret’ WWE Project
- Dark Side Of The Ring Co-Creator Comments On Future Of The Series
- Update On Swerve Strickland & Keith Lee Being Contacted By WWE