With the Street Profits set for yet another big Tag Team Championship match at SummerSlam next weekend, rumours of a potential break up of the team have begun circling.
Montez Ford is the member of the team that has been pitched to become a singles star in WWE, while many are concerned for the future of Angelo Dawkins once the Profits are no more.
Ford recently spoke to Sports Illustrated ahead of SummerSlam, where he spoke about a potential solo run in WWE.
Ford admitted that he doesn’t believe he is ready to shift his focus to singles action just yet, and that there is still a lot left for him to achieve with Dawkins.
“The difference between singles wrestling and being part of a tag team is that all the attention is on you. I’m not ready to shift my focus yet. There is still a lot left for me to attain with Dawkins. SummerSlam is a huge opportunity. We want to make that night special.”
On the topic of a potential Street Profits break up, we recently ran down 3 reasons why it is a good idea to split the team, and 3 reasons why it is not.
- First Ever NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Participants Revealed
- New WWE Star Debuts At Taping
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Star Ruled Out Of Big Match Due To Recent Injury
- AEW Star ‘Didn’t Even Bother’ Wearing Ring Gear For Recent Match
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return On NXT
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- Starrcast Working With Oceania Pro Wrestling For Huge Event In 2023