A WWE star who has been away from the ring due to injury has revealed that he will be back ‘soon.’
Montez Ford has been out of action since September 2022 as he was reportedly suffering from a calf injury.
Montez offered an update on his injury status while speaking on the TODAY Show.
“100% now. Should be back pretty soon. Just picking spots and making sure when I arrive, the mission is still at hand, which is with my right-hand man, Angelo Dawkins.
“That’s winning the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship,”
Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford debuted as the Street Profits on NXT in March 2016.
They are three-time WWE tag team champions, holding the Raw, SmackDown and NXT Tag Team titles once each.
Ford’s last match was during WWE Saturday Night’s Main Event show on September 24 where he and Dawkins defeated Chad Gable and Otis.
His last televised match was during the September 19 edition of Raw, where the Street Profits lost to the Brawling Brutes.
Montez Ford and his wife and WWE colleague Bianca Belair appeared on the TODAY Show to promote their upcoming HULU reality series.
As previously reported, WWE co-CEO Nick Khan announced plans for the series during the WWE 2022 third-quarter conference call
Bianca Belair recently opened up about the upcoming series, which you can read more about right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Backstage Issues In AEW Potentially Led To William Regal’s WWE Return
- AEW Star Speaks Out On William Regal Departure
- Barry Windham Suffers Heart Attack, Currently In ICU
- Here’s What Triple H ‘Almost Never Mentioned’ In Creative Meetings
- New Changes, Additions & Plans For WWE 2K23 Potentially Revealed
- Huge Tease For The Rock Vs Roman Reigns At WrestleMania 39
- Wrestling Veteran Was Allegedly ‘Stoned’ During Hall Of Fame Speech
- AEW Star Compares WWE Past To Current Role
- Vince McMahon VICE Documentary Time & Date Revealed
- AEW Name Doesn’t Rule Out Potential WWE Run