More On Big Cass’ WWE Release
Someone who most definitely won’t be randomly appearing backstage in WWE anytime soon, though – he’s way too tall to fit in anyone’s luggage anyway – is Big Cass.
WWE announced the 7 footer, and you can’t teach that, had been released from the company on Tuesday afternoon following his second pay-per-view loss to Daniel Bryan at Sunday’s Money in the Bank. And now more details have come out about what happened.
The latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that Vince McMahon fired Cass in a private meeting before SmackDown and then informed the rest of the roster, with the primary reasons being Cass going against a directive from McMahon and doing a prolonged beatdown angle on a little person dressed as Bryan – that has already been widely reported on – and a different incident from June 5th.
On that day’s episode of SmackDown, Cass cut a lengthy promo from the ramp in front of the live crowd, which was pretty much just eight minutes of him saying how tall he was. According to the Observer, Cass had blown off a rehearsal for that promo with Head Producer Kevin Dunn earlier that day, and then went long when doing the live version. Apparently Vince hated the consequent promo so much, “he fired the writer of it a few weeks ago”, with WrestleVotes separately reporting the incident:
Seems like this promo also led to his firing. Cass refused to “rehearse” it the day of, and it went way long while doing it live. Pissed off Vince & Kevin Dunn. https://t.co/lcpT9Lw8T4
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) June 21, 2018
In addition, I’ve learned Cass also had creative differences over the past few months and voiced some frustration. Coupled w/ this report from @WrestlingSheet and adios big man. https://t.co/rNuZs8BTif
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) June 20, 2018
PWInsider have confirmed that Cass now has a 90 day no-compete period, which means he can’t wrestle for another televised wrestling promotion in North America until Tuesday 17th September, crucially ruling him out of an appearance at All In.
But he is fine to take bookings on the independent circuit. And given his also-released former tag team partner Enzo Amore is set to make his wrestling return for House of Glory on SummerSlam weekend, it’s no surprise the Observer are also reporting “a lot of independent promoters” are looking to reunite the team. Dave Meltzer points out, however, “the two had a major real-life falling out but that doesn’t necessarily mean they won’t work together for the right price.”
- Finn Balor Says He Will Be In Cardiff For Clash At The Castle
- AJ Styles Wants The Young Bucks To Come To WWE
- Anthony Henry Under An AEW Deal
- Drew McIntyre Pulled From WWE Live Events Due To Injury
- Current ROH Star Not Signed To AEW Deal
- Bret Hart Reacts To Ric Flair’s Last Match
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned