Some more clues appear to have been uncovered when it comes to the identity of the star returning to NXT at TakeOver 31 tomorrow night.
For two weeks we’ve seen mysterious video packages air for a former champion returning to the brand, but who exactly it is hasn’t been confirmed.
The two leading candidates for most people were Robert Roode and Bo Dallas. Both are former NXT Champions and both had been off TV for extended periods of time.
However, Roode is back on Raw in a tag team with Dolph Ziggler, which pretty much rules him out, and some of Dallas’ social media activity seems suggestive that it could be him.
Dallas has been off TV since October last year, with his last match being the Tag Team Turmoil at Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia. In December of 2019, Dallas tweeted:
I’m on a life changing expedition right now and the next time you see me it will be a Bo You’ve never seen #Bosway #WWE
On March 17, 2020, he tweeted the following:
I remember you. #TheOriginalNXTChampion #TheFutureWasAlwaysNOW pic.twitter.com/mxbZrnk3Rl
— Taylor Rotunda (@TaylorRotunda) March 17, 2020
Although they were a while ago, the above tweets certainly suggest that Dallas could have had his eyes set on an NXT return. Would you like to see him back on the yellow brand? Let us know in the comments.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches