The wrestling world has reacted to the sad news of the death of Joe Laurinaitis, AKA Road Warrior Animal, and more details of his death have been revealed.
As per a report from TMZ, Animal passed away at a Tan-Tar-A resort in Osage Beach, Missouri of natural causes on the night of September 22.
Following a call from his wife, police arrived at the scene at 11:49pm, but by that point he had already been declared deceased by emergency personnel.
Animal won several tag team championships with his tag team partner Road Warrior Hawk and they were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011.
Many names from within the world of pro wrestling have reacted to the sad news of his passing, and here are just a few:
- Cash Wheeler: “The Road Warriors were larger than life. They made it possible for so many others to live their dreams. Rest in Power, Animal.”
- Hurricane Helms: “RIP to the legendary Animal. I don’t have the proper words right now, but thank you for goofing off with me at Cons. Thanks for all the years of entertainment and thanks letting this fan become a friend.”
- Taz: “Just found out that Road Warrior Animal has left us. Very sad to hear this, always such a nice guy whenever I would see him. So, I have a Tasmanian Devil tattoo on my right arm, he was my inspiration to get that before I started wrestling training.”
- James Storm: “This one hurt. So saddened to hear the passing on Animal. He always had a minute for anyone & would smile when I asked him if he would watch my match – Well… we know now when we here that loud boom above our heads, that God is now experiencing that Road Warrior POP.”
- Ariya Daivari: “I got to know Jess and James, Animal’s kids, because we all went to the same high school. Animal would periodically come by the school and I would and tell him how I wanted to be a wrestler too. He was very encouraging. My thoughts are with his family. RIP Animal. Man this sucks. Him and my bro got to know each other in 2006 from smackdown and flights to and from MN. So because of this he was friendly with me. Id try to act cool, but deep down I was marking out. I was talking to Road Warrior Animal during a school day.”
- Paul Ellering: “Today we lost the engine of the train – LOD. Animal was a partner, warrior, and friend. He will be welcomed home by a waiting Hawk.”
We at WrestleTalk.com send our condolences to Animal’s family, friends and anyone affected by his passing.