There has been more information reported about the alleged freezing of raises and promotions for WWE employees.
As previously reported, WWE employees were left angry after being informed that they wouldn’t be receiving bonuses.
More information has emerged on the matter. As per PWInsider, WWE employees are still to receive bonuses based on their performance, however official raises and promotions will not be given.
The report also noted that it is believed this decision was made after the most recent earnings release, within the last several weeks.
While it is unknown how long this edict will be in effect for, PWInsider reported that rumours of a big meeting held to inform everyone at once were false.
Managers and supervisors reportedly held their own meetings within their divisions, speaking to all relevant staff over the course of the day.
WrestleVotes have also chimed in on backstage frustrations, tweeting:
“Just got a text from a source in St. Pete… the unhappiness and straight up anger backstage is at an all time high level. Everyone from the boys to the road crew are pissed off. Not a good look.”
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk for potential updates with this story.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Kota Ibushi Teases AEW Run & Reunion With Kenny Omega
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Miro Argues WWE Schedule Is ‘Too Much’
- Britt Baker Fuels Speculation About MJF With Recent Instagram Post
- AEW Dark Elevation Spoilers For August 15