A new report has discussed the reason for the recent WWE departures, noting that the company could be preparing to release more talent.
In recent weeks, A number of notable names have been let go by WWE. It has now been reported that more stars could leave the company soon.
As per Andrew Zarian on The Mat Men Podcast, WWE is not done releasing performers. Unsure of when more departures will come, Zarian said:
“I do know that they want to cut back on these contracts and there are more releases. There will be more. I don’t know when, but I was told, ‘yeah this isn’t the final cut.’ So, we’ll see.”
In April, Samoa Joe, the WWE departures of Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Mickie James, Chelsea Green, Kalisto, Tucker, Wesley Blake, Bo Dallas and Mojo Rawley were announced simultaneously.
Last week, Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Ruby Riott, Lana, Santana Garrett and Buddy Murphy were all let go by WWE. A number of backstage names have also been released in recent months, including respected documentary director Giancarlo Dittamo.
Following Black’s WWE release, the former NXT Champion thanked Paul Heyman for always having his back. Black recently revealed what Heyman said to him after it was announced that he was leaving the company.
Quote via Ringside News.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups