WWE’s most recent batch of releases took place last night (November 18), when WWE released eight main roster stars from their contract, including all the remaining members of Hit Row, who were drafted to SmackDown last month.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided some more insight regarding the group, confirming that Top Dolla (AJ Francis) had heat from some people in the company due to his behaviour on social media, while noting that others in the company liked the way he approached himself.
Fightful also notes that there were significant creative pitches for Hit Row, but weren’t told how far they got. There was reportedly a lot of back and forth internally about who should be the singles star of the group, whether they should be face or heel, and the general direction of the group.
Fightful also notes that they have heard from officials from multiple companies, including major ones, who have shown interest in bringing in Isaiah ‘Swerve’ Scott (Shane Strickland).
The entire Hit Row group, including B-Fab who was released earlier this month, are subject to a 90-day non-compete clause.
- Official ROH Roster Listing Revealed
- Report: AEW Sources Claim William Regal Locker Room Rumors Are ‘Complete Bulls**t’
- Former AEW Star Currently At WWE Tryout
- AEW Rampage Disaster For December 2 Episode
- WWE Star Finally Undergoing Major Character Change?
- Sasha Banks Update Amid Wrestling Return Rumors
- Injured WWE Star ‘Wanted To Wrestle’, Still Pulled From Match
- Sasha Banks Drops Latest Major Wrestling Return Tease
- Naomi Spotted With Top AEW Star Amid Return Rumors
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed