During last night’s NXT New Year’s Evil special, a number of teams were announced for the Dusty Rhodes Classic. It was also announced that the tournament would be starting next week.
It was first announced that the Undisputed Era would be represented by Adam Cole and Roderick Strong. Historically these two have been the singles competitors of the group, but now they will be competing as a team.
It was also revealed that the duo would be facing Breezango in the first round. Breezango haven’t done much since losing the NXT Tag Team Championship to Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan. They will be looking to regain some momentum and knocking off the Undisputed Era would be a great start.
The Grizzled Young Veterans were also announced as participants in the tournament. They recently returned to the brand, having been absent during the pandemic. Zack Gibson and James Drake were finalists in the 2020 tournament and will be looking to finish the job this year.
They will be facing Ever-Rise, who they beat up when they made their return to NXT.
It was also announced on the show that there would be a Women’s Dusty Rhodes Classic, although they haven’t revealed any teams for the tournament.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety