SmackDown star Mustafa Ali appears to have blocked the official ‘WWE on FOX’ Twitter account.
On January 16, Ali took to social media to reveal that he had requested his release from WWE. Per a previous report from Fightful Select (subscription required), WWE has since informed Ali that his request would not be granted.
Following this report, ‘#FreeAli’ has been trending on Twitter, with many fans criticising WWE for hanging onto a star who doesn’t want to work for the company anymore.
In response to some Twitter users claiming that WWE on FOX has blocked them for using the hashtag, Ali tweeted a photo of him blocking the account, writing:
“Oh, word? don’t worry, i gotchu.”
oh, word? don’t worry, i gotchu. https://t.co/bmrY7qwRPB pic.twitter.com/wQ5RbXupxT
— Mustafa Ali / Adeel Alam (@AliWWE) January 24, 2022
Ali requesting his release reportedly came after a heated argument with Vince McMahon. Ali has not featured on WWE TV in two months, with his most recent match taking place on the October 29 edition of SmackDown.
Mustafa Ali had previously been confirmed for the WWE 2K22, set to hit shelves in March. Stay up to date with every star announced for the upcoming video game at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite