A lot of people were disappointed at the lack of Mustafa Ali at WWE Survivor Series, but it turns out there was a good reason for it.
When Ali wasn’t one of the 25 names in the Rock 25th anniversary battle royal, there was a lot of criticism from fans, but he announced the birth of his third child a few days later.
Fightful Select reports that WWE had indeed planned to have Mustafa Ali on the pay-per-view initially, and it’s not like he was just forgetten about, which is what it seemed like to a lot of people at first.
Ali had asked for the time off “long ago” and was actually still planned for the pay-per-view but requested for his leave to be extended, which it was, since WWE did still have enough names to fill the battle royal without him.
On a related note, Kofi Kingston has also been off TV following the birth of his third child.
We continue to send our congratulations and best wishes to both fathers and their families.
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Chris Jericho Calls Vince McMahon ‘A Once In A Generation Genius’
- Update On Johnny Gargano Following WWE Return Rumors
- Report: ‘Nobody Knew’ CM Punk Would Call Out Adam Page, ‘A Lot Of Reality To It’
- Mickie James Unsure About Her Wrestling Future
- AEW Rampage Spoilers: Claudio Castagnoli Issues A Challenge, Championship Matches & Brutal Attack
- Update On CM Punk Injury Status Following AEW Return
- Jack Evans Would Love To Return To AEW
- Kenny Omega Addresses Fans After Return On AEW Dynamite