Mustafa Ali last wrestled on the October 29 edition of SmackDown, losing to Drew McIntyre in singles action.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), Ali had asked for a couple of weeks paternity leave. The report pointed out that this amount of time has elapsed, with Ali and his wife welcoming their third child into the world in November.
Fightful notes that Ali wasn’t physically at the recent SmackDown tapings in his hometown of Chicago, and there wasn’t anything planned for the talent for Friday’s live show, or the taping for the Christmas Eve episode.
Ali has reportedly not been on the road since before Survivor Series, as he was sent home for paternity leave early. It was previously reported that there were plans to feature Ali on the November pay-per-view, before he requested for his leave to be extended.
During Ali’s absence from TV, the star shared a vignette for a scrapped ‘New America’ character, which you can watch at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence