Mustafa Ali last wrestled on the October 29 edition of SmackDown, losing to Drew McIntyre in singles action.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), Ali had asked for a couple of weeks paternity leave. The report pointed out that this amount of time has elapsed, with Ali and his wife welcoming their third child into the world in November.
Fightful notes that Ali wasn’t physically at the recent SmackDown tapings in his hometown of Chicago, and there wasn’t anything planned for the talent for Friday’s live show, or the taping for the Christmas Eve episode.
Ali has reportedly not been on the road since before Survivor Series, as he was sent home for paternity leave early. It was previously reported that there were plans to feature Ali on the November pay-per-view, before he requested for his leave to be extended.
During Ali’s absence from TV, the star shared a vignette for a scrapped ‘New America’ character, which you can watch at this link.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Kenny Omega AEW Double Or Nothing Status Revealed After Recent Backstage Return