Shinsuke Nakamura is scheduled to return to in-ring action at Extreme Rules, facing Jeff Hardy for the WWE United States Championship. ‘The King of Strong Style’ has been out of action for some weeks following an unprovoked attack from a police dog.
Despite this enticing encounter, Nakamura stated in a recent interview there’s someone else he can’t wait to face. While speaking with the Asbury Park Press, ‘The Artist’ spoke of his desire to tangle with none other than Daniel Bryan, stating:
“One of the purposes of coming to WWE was to wrestle with Daniel Bryan. But now, I’ve got like a high possibility to wrestle with Daniel at like the biggest stage in wrestling history. So I’m so excited.”
As are we Shinsuke. The idea of that collision at a future Wrestlemania is the stuff of dreams and this is the closest the match has ever been to happening. Both are on Smackdown Live and Bryan has the all clear to wrestle. The match seems inevitable.
There is a potential issue, however. Daniel’s WWE deal expires on September 1, 2018 and although he wants to re-sign, he’s requesting a lighter schedule.
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- AEW Rampage Spoilers As Another Former WWE Star Debuts
- Truth Behind Naomi WWE Walk Out Revealed?
- Jimmy Uso Shares Support For Naomi And Sasha Banks
- Serena Deeb Shoots Hard On WWE In Heated AEW Dynamite Promo
- Scary Scene After AEW Rampage Taping, Bryan Danielson Leg Stuck Between Ramp And Ring
- Stephanie McMahon To Take Leave Of Absence From WWE
- Several WWE Stars Support Nash Carter Following Controversial Release
- Shocking Statistic About Thunder Rosa AEW Women’s Championship Run
- Update On Johnny Elite’s AEW Status Following Dynamite Debut