Former SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi has shared her honest thoughts on comparisons between herself and NXT star Lash Legend.
On the September 27 edition of NXT, Lash Legend and Wendy Choo cut promos on one another. Following the segment, a Twitter user called Legend an ‘off-brand Naomi’.
Addressing this comparison, Naomi replied:
Absolutely NOT! Lash is in her own lane. I’m very proud of her and I look forward to her growth and success. Please stop comparing us black women for the wrong reasons. Respectfully.✌️
Naomi hasn’t appeared on WWE TV since she and Banks walked out on the May 16 WWE Raw taping. While it was reported in early-August that both stars had agreed in principle to return to TV, Naomi and Banks have been focusing on other non-wrestling projects in recent weeks.
The duo notably walked the runway during New York Fashion Week. Banks has also indicated that she’s focusing on a music project outside the ring.
Naomi recently shared an advertisement post for the digital release of Thor: Love & Thunder, prompting speculation about her status, following controversy in recent years surrounding third-party deals.
Over 20 stars have explicitly finished up with WWE this year. Stay up to date with every WWE departure of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania