An update has emerged on a potential new home for Friday Night SmackDown, amid TV rights talks, following the sale of WWE.
SmackDown currently airs every Friday on FOX. Monday Night Raw, on the other hand, airs on the USA Network, which is owned by NBCUniversal.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, it has been indicated that NBC is interested in acquiring TV rights for SmackDown.
Stating that there hadn’t been any official negotiations at the time of recording, Meltzer said:
“I know that there was talk of NBC getting SmackDown.
“There’s been no official negotiations but I have absolutely heard the idea of NBC being interested as far as the idea of getting everything and putting SmackDown on the network. That does make sense.
“Will they do it? I don’t know. They have their own Friday night stuff that’s been around for years and years, we’ll see.
“That wouldn’t surprise me if NBC takes everything and puts SmackDown on.”
NBC also notably owns the Peacock streaming service, which is the home of the WWE Network in the US.
Triple H recently revealed the tactics WWE is using to increase viewership, which you can read more about right here.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023