There was an exciting title change on the WWE Raw season premiere which also seemed to set up a major new feud.
After Bobby Lashley was met in the ring by a returning Brock Lesnar, he was attacked and left laid out.
While Seth Rollins came out to the ring and continued to demand his championship opportunity, and Lashley eventually obliged after Rollins’ questioned his integrity as champ and soldier.
In a short but hard hitting and exciting match, Seth Rollins was able to capture the pinfall victory to become the new United States Champion.
Prior to Lashley’s match with Rollins, he had just fallen victim to a brutal attack by a returning Brock Lesnar.
Brock seemed out to wreck Lashley’s night as he not only continued the assault by taking Lashley to Suplex City, he also locked him into a vicious Kimura Lock before eventually releasing and leaving.
While Lashley eventually went forward with his match against Rollins, it obviously had catastrophic consequences.
In a backstage segment, Lashley challenged Brock Lesnar to appear on the October 17 edition of WWE Raw to face him in the ring!
.@WWERollins is your new #USChampion!#AndNew #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/h4luxcVAo6
— WWE (@WWE) October 11, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- WWE Star Responds To Standout AEW Dynamite Performance
- Big Update On Stone Cold Steve Austin WrestleMania 39 Plans?
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?