A number of championships changed hands during the November 6 NJPW Power Struggle event in Osaka, Japan.
In the first title bout of the night, Sho, Yujiro Takahashi and Evil of House of Torture defeated Yoshi-Hashi, Tomohiro Ishii and Hirooki Goto of CHAOS for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag-Team Championship, with an assist from Dick Togo distracting the referee.
Later, El Desperado forced Robbie Eagles to tap out to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title. Eagles had defeated El Desperado to begin his reign at Wrestle Grand Slam in July.
A new IWGP United States Champion was crowned during the show, with KENTA besting Hiroshi Tanahashi to claim the gold.
Elsewhere on the card, Kazuchika Okada defeated Tama Tonga to retain his #1 contendership for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. The actual title was successfully defended by Shingo Takagi, who was challenged by Zack Sabre Jr.
It has been reported that a NJPW star’s current contract will expire in January, and will likely receive ‘multiple offers’ from different promotions.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- Jack Evans ‘Super Disappointed’ About Match With Kenny Omega
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- Ricky Starks Says Cody Rhodes Is Still His Go-To Person For Advice
- WWE Hall Of Famer Pitches Idea For ‘Ironhorse Championship’