A number of championships changed hands during the November 6 NJPW Power Struggle event in Osaka, Japan.
In the first title bout of the night, Sho, Yujiro Takahashi and Evil of House of Torture defeated Yoshi-Hashi, Tomohiro Ishii and Hirooki Goto of CHAOS for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag-Team Championship, with an assist from Dick Togo distracting the referee.
Later, El Desperado forced Robbie Eagles to tap out to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title. Eagles had defeated El Desperado to begin his reign at Wrestle Grand Slam in July.
A new IWGP United States Champion was crowned during the show, with KENTA besting Hiroshi Tanahashi to claim the gold.
Elsewhere on the card, Kazuchika Okada defeated Tama Tonga to retain his #1 contendership for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. The actual title was successfully defended by Shingo Takagi, who was challenged by Zack Sabre Jr.
It has been reported that a NJPW star’s current contract will expire in January, and will likely receive ‘multiple offers’ from different promotions.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return