By Jamal Niaz
WWE recently announced that the New Day would be facing The Bar on next week’s SmackDown Live. Given that the two teams are in the midst of a comedic feud, this match being made shouldn’t feel like massive news.
— WWE (@WWE) May 9, 2018
However, the fact that the match has been named as a qualifier for this year’s men’s Money in the Bank match makes things very interesting. The winning team will be allowed to enter one member into the ladder match.
Warning: Spoilers Ahead!
A singles push for Big E has been rumored for some time and according to PWInsider, this match is the start of the process of splitting Big E from the group. It is expected that New Day will win the tag match with Big E going to Money in The Bank alone.
This news may be somewhat of a let down for long time New Day fans but it’s clear that they are no longer the massive hit with the crowd that they once were. They have been Raw and SmackDown Tag Team champions twice each and there isn’t anything else they can accomplish as a group.
PWInsider’s Mike Johnson speculated that Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods could keep the New Day going themselves. This might not be the best idea as the tag division on SmackDown is absolutely stacked and there are teams such as The Club and SAnitY that deserve a chance at the gold.
What are your thoughts on Big E getting a big push? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here.
- kofi kingston
- The Bar
- Money in the Bank
- up up down down
- support wrestletalk
- big e
- the club
- SmackDown Live
- wwe smackdown
- Xavier Woods
- WWE SmackDown Live
- New Day
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- Ex-WWE Star To Make In-Ring Return After Five Years Away
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Mandy Rose Now Officially A Free Agent, Reveals Likelihood Of Returning To Wrestling
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- Injured WWE Star Returning To In-Ring Training Soon